Mopy's Double Rainbow (Build It!)

Submission go here for the September monthly event that is being done in 3-waves!

Moderator: Staff Moderators

Mopy
Staff

Mopy's Double Rainbow (Build It!)

Post by Mopy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:39 pm

DOUBLE RAINBOW ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SKY...

SO INTENSE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

I did all of my testing in creative. I played around with two materials (wool and glass) and three different rainbow sizes. I decided to go with the two larger rainbows for my build because I felt that the smallest rainbow would be swallowed and overshadowed by a forest. I staggered the two rainbows in my final build to give it more depth, and I ultimately went with both wool and glass in the build. I used the wool on the smaller rainbow in the front of the build to help it stand out, and the glass was used on the larger rainbow towards the back to give the sense atmospheric haze. I decided to build this right next to my base to add to the whimsy of the area & it can be seen clearly from my air balloon warp (stone button). I've included photos of the area before and after the rainbow, as well as a shot of my creative test. I hope you like my double rainbow as much as yosemitebear liked his, but what does it mean? :lol:

Some things you do for money and some you do for fun, but the things you
do for love are gonna come back to you one by one.
~Mountain Goats