A Review of ImagineCraft by ImagineCraft Players

Information about ImagineCraft as well as how to apply to play on our whitelisted server.

Moderator: Staff Moderators

Ekzim
Server Owner

A Review of ImagineCraft by ImagineCraft Players

Post by Ekzim » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:02 am

pupCzQH.png
pupCzQH.png (432.1 KiB) Viewed 1583 times

I'm starting a thread here for those who play to voice their opinion and provide a review of ImagineCraft. This way if anyone is curious about ImagineCraft they can peek in here to get an idea.

So, please write a review if you have some spare time and try to hit upon most of these questions, especially the first one.

1. How long have you been playing on ImagineCraft?
2. With all the various servers out there, why play here?
3. What is your most favorite thing about the server? What else do you like or enjoy?
4. What keeps you coming back?
5. What would you change about the server if you were the owner?

Cheers,
Ekzim

Buffyy
ImagineCraft Supporter

Re: A Review of ImagineCraft by ImagineCraft Players

Post by Buffyy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:59 pm

I played on it briefly, but started playing other games. When I came back for 1.9 to play with my friends, I was greeted by an awesome community. I'm so impressed by the activity and warmth of the server.

I've played on a lot of servers, very few of them have people who are as interactive and active as Imaginecraft. Plus, people aren't constantly swearing in chat/mumble. It's family friendly and a place where you can sink a lot of hours without even thinking about it. I already feel at home here.

3. What is your most favorite thing about the server? What else do you like or enjoy?

I love the details the staff put into running the server. The custom plugins, the community involvement, and the server events are more than you'll find on any server.

My friends. :)

Running a server like this calls for a very special kind of person who is focused, talented, and driven. I'm not ready to take on that sort of responsibility. But, the one thing that comes to mind is adding the griefprevention plugin. It would take away a lot of work staff has to do in claiming land and give more control to the players. But, other than that, I wouldn't change a thing. It's a great place to call home.
Last edited by Buffyy on Sat May 07, 2016 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Momoko
ImagineCraft Supporter

Post by Momoko » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:35 pm

Goodness.... June? July? I don't exactly know.

Because, the people rock!

Chatting with people while I build, exploring around the world.

Probably, again, the people. It's a tight community, we're like Cheers. Why wouldn't you come back? Everyone knows your name!

Chocobo theme music playing when I log in <3 ... That might be a joke.

QuirkyChick2486

Post by QuirkyChick2486 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:35 pm

A little over a month

This community is friendly and welcoming AND are truly community minded.

The community! I can build on single player but I cannot have as much fun a I can have on our server. The people here are great!

The people. Hands down.

Hmmmm. Hard to say. Probably not much and nothing I can think of right now. It is a great server.

Thom!
ImagineCraft Supporter

Post by Thom! » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:15 pm

I've been playing since June!

2. With all the various servers out there, why play here? I think a lot of us can agree on the sense of community. I know I enjoy making friends and hanging with you guys and gals. I think I've probably laughed harder playing with you guys than in real life at times.

I enjoy the fluid sense of motion we go through. Everyone seems to always be on the same page and willing to just about anything to help. For example, a couple days ago or so I think 5-6 of us were all on Halloween Town island helping and BSing around. THAT is what makes this place incredible. Of course, I also like the fact that you guys accept my bluntness and odd sense of humor too! :P

All of the above. I could rearrange my words and write it different way but I think I answered this question with the last two.

5. What would you change about the server if you were the owner? I would make everyone call me "The Boss". Then, you guys would have to refer to yourselves in third person all...the...time
:D. I need but I wouldn't change anything but won't ever hesitate if I feel otherwise!

JBodge
ImagineCraft Supporter

Post by JBodge » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:24 pm

I applied on August 28th, and I'm pretty sure I joined later that day. Best decision ever!

For me, it's 100% due to the community. Everyone is awesome, friendly, accepting... It's just what I needed in life. A nice little reminder that the world is still full of good people. Plus, I got a magical warp button. Still pretty jazzed about that whole deal.

My most favorite? Hm. This question is very open! I have too many favorite things, like Artex's castle in the mountain, the Newb Island in totality, the giant bounce pad at Spawn.... There are too many to choose from in a physical sense. My favorite abstract thing about the server though, is how everyone is off doing their own little thing, but they're always there immediately if someone needs anything. It's a nice collective of brilliant individuals working together to make something awesome, being the server as a whole.
Honorable mention goes to the Rave though. I regret nothing that happened that evening.
Summoning Ekzim is also very cool. See?! I can't decide on one thing. This question is too hard! I LOVE IT ALL.

Thom went and used the right answer, but I can't copy / paste / quote him so I'll try to reword it.
I'm sure everyone has heard something along the lines of "Every person you meet comes into your life for a reason" and I think this server falls into that category, too. It just feels right, its a little tight-knit community that is welcoming of everyone. New people are recognized instantly, friends are made, inside jokes happen... Its like having friends in the box that I sit in front of for hours a day :mrgreen: . Plus, there's always something to do. Minecraft doesn't have static objectives like most other video games, so, you can always find something new to do, which keeps everything exciting.

Eeeeeeek. I don't know, I can't stand the pressure of having this many theoretical people look up to me in order to provide entertainment.
It wouldn't be good. I'd probably drink too much, get bored, add in mods, and ruin peoples experience, regret the decision, then beg them to come back but having already burned the bridge suffer miserably due to my lack of commitment to a semi-vanilla server.
That is actually exactly what would happen. Don't give me that kind of power!
Plus, I wouldn't do nearly as good of a job as Santa/Jesus does, so I'd feel inadequate.
Bodge

TheXecutioner
ImagineCraft Supporter

Post by TheXecutioner » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:53 pm

1. How long have you been playing on ImagineCraft? - a little over 5 months?

2. With all the various servers out there, why play here? - i love the community!

3. What is your most favorite thing about the server? What else do you like or enjoy? - the community! i also love seeing everyone's builds

4. What keeps you coming back? - the community

5. What would you change about the server if you were the owner? - more fun events (although they are awesome now!)

sailorderp

Post by sailorderp » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:08 pm

1. How long have you been playing on ImagineCraft? A few months
2. With all the various servers out there, why play here? For real, I'm not that picky, but no one here is super weird, no one hits on me, no one is mean, I've never seen anything griefed, etc.
3. What is your most favorite thing about the server? What else do you like or enjoy? Hm. I've never been on a server that does events or capture the flag before. It's not really my thing but the option is cool.
4. What keeps you coming back? The players.
5. What would you change about the server if you were the owner? Probably nothing, I really don't have any complaints.

TitanHydra

Post by TitanHydra » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:05 am

1. How long have you been playing on ImagineCraft? i believe it has been 2 months.
2. With all the various servers out there, why play here? As i have had not alot of luck with the other servers i decided to settle here on icraft as everyone was quite nice.
3. What is your most favorite thing about the server? What else do you like or enjoy? I believe the fact that we have some plugins helps to make the server more enjoyable.
4. What keeps you coming back? The community
5. What would you change about the server if you were the owner? Nothing it i good enough.

AlWolf

Post by AlWolf » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:13 pm

It's been a month and a little since I joined ^^

The community is very friendly and open, the server is whitelisted which adds another layer of security from grief and all in all is a good place to be on when you want to unwind! Also it's the family feel that keeps me coming back too, there hasnt been drama on here like on the previous servers I played on and nobody talked trash about anyone so thats a major plus in my books lol

Ah, well that's a tough one because pretty much everything is good and stable so it would be like picking your favorite child lol.

What keeps me coming back are all these wonderful people and the fun we have together :)

I wouldn't really change anything with how the server is set up, I'd see into upgrading it to a more powerful box so mre things can be done and I'd look into adding a modded ImagineCraft to the family :P
"Shade as it's called, is a controversy in itself as we often fail to understand that a fine line between friendly and malicious is only subjective and impossible to measure! Shade is both a gift and a curse!" -The Shady Chronicles